As a child, many of us will have the same memory of ultra delicious jars of Nutella in the pantry. Loads better than peanut butter ever was, Nutella was a staple in the household. My favorite as a child was Nutella on toast. Really though, I’d be willing to eat just about anything with it.
As I’ve grown older, I no longer eat Nutella on a daily basis. Instead, I have found ways to incorporate it into the occasional sweet treat for teh family.
Nutella fudge is a delicious creamy chocolate fudge with Nutella flavor. It contains small amounts of iron and calcium.
Accompaniments of Nutella Fudge
- Ice cream
- Rice cakes
Health Benefits of Nutella Fudge
- Nutella contains hazelnuts that boost the health of the heart.
- Nutella fudge protects the skin from sun damages.
- This fudge reduces the risk if insulin resistance.
- Nutella fudge also helps to boost the functioning of the brain.
- Though Nutella contains some amounts of calcium and iron, it is high in calories, sugar and fat which is not healthy. Nutella also contains hazelnuts, milk powder, lecithin, palm oil, cocoa and sugar.
- Too much intake of Nutella fudge leads to obesity due to the high sugar content.
- The high amounts of sugars in the fudge can lead to increased blood sugar levels and weight gain.
- 1 cup of Nutella or hazelnut chocolate spread
- ½ cup of sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup of butter (salted)
- 1 ½ of vanilla
- Heat the Nutella and chocolate over medium-low heat for 30 minutes intervals. Stir after each interval until it melts and smoothens. Add the sweetened condensed milk, sugar and vanilla and mix well until the mixture becomes thick.
- Spread the mixture into an 8×8-inch sauce pan lined with aluminum foil and smooth out the top. Place the mixture in a refrigerator for close to 4 hours until it is completely set. You can alternatively place the mixture in a freezer to hasten the chill time.
- To smoothen the top of the fudge, run a hot spoon over it. For a crunchy look and taste, you can sprinkle crushed nuts at the top. You can cut the fudge into square bars while it is still soft.
- Store the fudge in an airtight container for up to one week.
N/B: Do not add too much Nutella. 1 cup is enough. Similarly, do not scrape the milk container. This adds too much liquid which makes it hard for the fudge to set.
- The fudge can be stored for up to 3 weeks.
- The fudge can be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Toppings such as toffee, powdered sugar, chopped nuts and holiday sprinkles can be added.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 69mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g