The vanilla bean panna cotta with strawberry refers to a thick sweetened creamy Italian dessert that is flavored with vanilla bean and strawberry (One can also use raspberry, blue berry or the combination of all the three).
In Italian, “panna cotta” means “cooked cream” and therefore this vanilla bean panna cotta with strawberry can not only be found in restaurants, but one can also prepare it at home and the procedure is amazingly simple.
It can be served in martini or wine glasses to get the view of the pretty little strawberries, can also be served in round cups or on plates as a mold.
This dessert can be used on different occasions for example during valentine dinner, or when you have company over, or just as a normal dessert. The best thing about this dessert is that it helps in improving the overall health and weight of an individual.
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract or ½ vanilla pods
- 1 Tablespoon of unflavored gelatin
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh cold water
- 2 Cups of double cream
- 1 Cup of fresh sliced strawberries
- ½ Cup of sugar (white)
- 1 Teaspoon of lemon juice
- Whole vinegar (Optional)
- Take the gelatin powder and add water and let it soak for two minutes in order to soften, heat the mixture on low heat for 2 minutes in order to dissolve.
- Add sugar to the cream and stir for it to dissolve, add the vanilla extract or the pods and stir. Heat the mixture on low heat for about 8 minutes to make a cream mixture.
- Add the mixture of gelatin and the vanilla cream and stir until smooth.
- Using a mesh, sieve the undissolved particles of the mixture and obtain a fine smooth cream. Let it chill for about 4 minutes.
- Pour the panna cotta into two glasses.
- Put the panna cotta into the refrigerator for about 4 hours for it to cool.
- For the strawberry sauce; on low heat, add water, lemon juice, sugar and sliced strawberries into a pan. Cover using a lid and boil for at least 5 minutes until about a third of the mixture has evaporated.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and let it cool at a room temperature.
- In order to serve, spoon the strawberry compote over the set cooled cream of panna cotta.
- Put it back to the refrigerator for it to chill until ready to be served.
- If desired, you can top a whole strawberry on each dessert.
The exchanges include ½ fruit and other carbohydrate.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1053Total Fat: 86gSaturated Fat: 55gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 269mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 2gSugar: 62gProtein: 10g